Editor’s Pick: Castrol GTX Motor Oil
A premium conventional motor oil that has been around since the late 1960s, Castrol GTX is our top pick due to its reputation, price, and overall popularity even on Amazon. This motor oil is designed to offer superior protection against engine sludge (as measured in the Sequence VG Sludge Test), along with advanced protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown. It’s formulated with premium quality base oils and anti-wear additives that help extend the life of your engine.
Castrol GTX is available as a 6 pack of 1-quart bottles, a 5-quart jug, 3 pack of 5-quart jugs, and a 6-gallon bottle. Choose from 10W-30 or 10W-40 viscosities. You can also choose from High Mileage, Synthetic, and High Mileage Synthetic options as part of Castrol’s GTX lineup.
- Extremely popular and reputable brand
- Superior protection against sludge—as measured in the Sequence VG Sludge Test
- Advanced protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown
- Formulated with premium quality base oils and anti-wear additives
- Helps extend the life of your engine
- Available in (6) 1-quart bottles, 5-quart jug, (3) 5-quart jugs, 6-gallon bottle
- 10W-30 and 10W-40 viscosities